Saturday, July 19

the firm fishbowl ...

There is a world that exists ... many places of employment have a world ... but specifically the husband's company has a world unique unto themselves despite the similarities with Ohio and San Francisco offices, other firms, other jobs. And like the world of Stargate, Atlantis has visitors from outside - every now and then family and spouses enter the firm's world, or should I say off-world - most regularly twice a year for the Christmas and Summer event. I look forward to them.

This year the summer event was at the Aquarium, which is experiencing its 10th anniversary. The husband and I observed the otters, the urchin-like creatures, puffins, and the little jellyfish parachutes (remember 'Sphere') and explosions (well actually that was what the last two things looked like - you'll see them in the pix of the remains of the day). We also observed the shark tank and the pool where you could touch fish, some who looked like extras from 'Finding Nemo'.

Then we had dinner upstairs with all the attendees. Again, I was able to see people I've met over the years - Jillian, Darryl, Ana, Maria, etc. This world they've created has been 5 years in the making. The food was good, the company great, the day a success! I look forward to the next company event.

My thanks to Roni (Bless You!) - our youngest was turned into a pool shark while we explored the Pacific (pardon the billiards pun).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey