Tuesday, September 11

train of thought

My brother was on a train that had an accident today. He called, something we are not in the habit enough of doing, afterward, to tell me about it. The husband said someone at his job was also on that train - the last car. The brother said he had an E-ticket (and I don't mean electronic), first car-front row seat - a pick-up truck attempted to run the track. People in response attempted to jump off the train, which was then in no further harm. One lady broke her leg severely in doing so. Women were screaming beyond what the situation called for. The brother said however, the professional response was great; everyone was on their job, though there was one cop who was like "every one off the train NOW!"

The brother had a good humor about the whole thing so I believe his saying he's okay. I 'instant messaged' the sister about the incident and she ironically had the same sardonic wit. We surmised it is in the DNA (too much Heroes for me maybe?). How else could it be explained?

Metrolink Train Collides With Truck, Several People Injured
September 11, 2007, 10:01 AM PDT

Metrolink Train Collides With Truck, Several People Injured A crash between a rush-hour commuter train and a pickup truck north of downtown Los Angeles injured at least seven people.

The crash in Highland Park occurred just before 8 a.m.

The truck was pinned between the MTA train and a concrete pillar. The train crushed part of the truck bed.

The driver was briefly trapped but was conscious and alert when he was cut free and taken to a hospital.

About 50 people were on the train. Four passengers, the train's operator and a sheriff's deputy complained of neck and back pain.

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

Copyright © 2007, KTLA
I'm glad that the brother is okay in a time which seems to be under a cloud of such things (it is 9-11 after all) - reminding me somewhat of Sixth Sense, that God is watching over him, and that he called me. Love that guy!

1 comment:

  1. Huh? The article said "the cause of the crash is under investigation." I'm no detective, but I would surmise that the cause of the crash was this: the truck tried to beat the train...and didn't. Call me crazy...

    ReplyDelete

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey