Wednesday, September 5

August things - Flash to back in the day

The husband took some Fridays off to have some of the one's I have off with me. I had to forego one week because, well, it turned out that the sister was in town, and it was going to be a good time to spend time with the brother and folx from where we grew up.

It seems that back in the day, people that moved to California migrated to areas with residents from nearby hometowns also lived– that was the way it was where we grew up – lots of the folx my parents hung out with were from similar Jersey areas – many still living now where we once lived.

At this time in space, the brother also lives in that area – so the sister made arrangements to spend time with him and folx we hadn’t seen for some time – some since mom had passed away and some even longer. It was great seeing the brother again (was beginning to think I'd never catch up with him)! And it was special too to see these people that knew me growing up and rehashing memories with the siblings and these folx. It was worth the drive in traffic both ways to spend the day to see the sister, the rarely seen eldest nephew, and the brother at last, and reminiscing with the family on days gone by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey