Wednesday, March 5

TX trippin' two-step

You know you're on vacation when you have nary a worry. The husband and I are relaxed and loving it; we walked into town to Blockbuster and used his Christmas coupon to buy 4/$20 DVDs - we got The Last Mimsy, Facing the Giants, plus two others. We racked up 10,000 steps in that trip. We saw two snowmen, a horse grazing, a voting area surrounded by democratic candidate signs - mostly Barak, and one republican one with mostly McCain. Here, the caucuses were called the 'Texas Two-Step! At the end of the day, HRC won TX, OH, not Vermont but also RI (the difference between them remains about the same) and McCain clinched his party's nomination. And the battles rage on.




The husband and I familiarized ourselves more with Catan, but the eldest and SIM gave Canaan to the youngest for his February birthday. We played that today - it has nuances that are quite enjoyable, but that version can end rather quickly. I received the Jane Austen collection and an ornament that identifies the eldest as my favorite! She's been holding our gifts hostage until we got here ;-)

She and I went over to Mardel Christian - a very comprehensive and inexpensive store. I spent $11 on 4 books. The husband barbequed ribs and chicken at the end of the day; now every one has retired (except me) in preparation for tomorrow's trek to Lackland AFB in San Antonio to visit the giant. He probably won't have time for us until Friday evening - so, there'll be sights to see. Although it was a nice sunny day; tomorrow is expected to threaten snow once again. Since we are traveling south, I am not sure what we will encounter. But God is in charge and we are excited. We have reservations for the Travelodge Suites with a kitchenette. The eldest has made spaghetti and we have snacks for the road - can you say Roadtrip!

She's been playing Scrabulous on Facebook. I haven't looked at Scrabble online in ages; I was immediately re-hooked. Signed myself up outside of Facebook so I can enjoy in the future. This vacation 4 days in has been filled with fullness of family and fun = what a blessing. Going to get some shut-eye myself. C'ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey