Wednesday, April 25

Look at the time...

Came back from vacation all rested and my mind and body totally rejects the idea of going into drive. This did not bode well with the workload waiting for me which was only exacerbated by an abrupt absence of #1, me being #2, this now made me 1.5 - where upon I was forced into overdrive.

However, having been summarily chastised by my huge (ha ha) following or as it is said 'back due to popular demand,’ I am here to blog.

• Celebrations - My dear ‘dahli'ng friend had her birthday and I hope she was blessed with a wonderful celebration. My brother's son had a birthday as well. He's a senior in high school. I'm very proud of him.
• Speaking of relatives! a cousin and her daughter, both of whom I haven’t seen in over 10 years, came from NJ for a visit. Her two brothers live out here, the youngest of which was getting married! She and her daughter, my youngest, and I spent a lovely day in Palm Springs. They and her brothers, the groom's son, and I spent another day traipsing around Victoria Garden's having lunch at Lucille's. Speaking of which! It is impossible to be nutrition conscious there! I enjoyed a hot link and ribs with greens. Yeah, I could have had chicken but c'mon!
Second Chance - have you seen that movie? It is well worth the watch! It will make you think about how you walk with Jesus.
• I've been praying for a lot of people, of course including of course Virginia Tech and Johnson Space Center - and online especially. The weight of people’s woes seems particularly heavy right now. Please pray endurance for me.
• In case you haven't noticed I've lost 10 pounds!
• The giant had a car accident but he is okay; however the car was ‘put to sleep’.
• Sunday the 22nd was Earth Day – check this out ‘Gen 1: 26-31
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground." Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground--everything that has the breath of life in it--I give every green plant for food." And it was so. God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning--the sixth day.
• Err of Imus – I think the issue here that stands out above all most common obnoxious speech aired is this was directed at specific people who came to hear and their families and friends hear this awful talk – a total lack of concern about these ladies’ feelings.
NBA Playoffs – I love this game!

Oooo, look at the time! There is just not enough time in a day! I'm going to try to get back here real soon; the month ain't hardly wrapped up yet!

Thanks to all of you who actually read this stuff and blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey