Tuesday, September 18

waxing sentimental on our 2nd 13th anniversary, I resurrected this excerpt from a geocities webpage I had at the time. Geocities no longer exists, so existing links are broken but our story is not ;-) ....

Norm 'n Suge Encounter




DISCLAIMER: This is in no way to exonorate or promote internet/cyber romance;
rather to show the amazing powerful move of God in all avenues of the universe.
The key here was a movement, awareness, and responding to the will of God
as He chose to bless in this particular scenario. Remember (in Matthew chapter 6):
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you."


Today, we are married,
a family of 10 -
sharing one heart and one ministry!

God is amazingly marvelous!


Friends,

Arrgghhh! I wrote this wonderful saga - spent an hour and then lost it. Now I begin again *s and this'll probably be an abridged version!

Greetings in the Lord! He is truly wonderful. Now this is probably not any revelation, but I need to "come clean" and tell this story.

I'm a chataholic! (laffing). I say this because I chat all the time and fortunately this habit factored in my fate. I am a member of the ChatDiva webring, which unlike other webrings I participate in, has it's own chatroom. Recently there was a chat birthday party for one of the divas there, the "bestest " of frenz. I was in charge of inviting the celebrant's net friends and did so on icq and email. One friend asked if he could bring another to which I agreed - the more the merrier.

At the party I was in a hostess mode, greeting handles and making them feel comfortable in the environment - so when I saw homepages with some of the handles I bookmarked them to look at later. The friend and his invitee did come.

The next day Sunday I saw this wonderful Bible resource among the pages I had bookmarked. It was fantastic. I icq'd the friend to tell his invitee how wonderful I thought it was. He told me to do it myself, giving me the icq#. I contacted this RNorm and we exchanged pleasantries. I sent the URL to my out of town friend because I knew she would love it. She noticed this guy was in Los Angeles.

In the next convo, later in the day I told him we were neighbors - and we discovered not only did his folks live where I grew up and now work, but that we had at one time gone to the same church in the L.A. area and in trying to think if we had any friends in common discovered that my son and his dad had both been at a fellowship at his house the previous weekend.

This guy put me on his scripture list at my request and told me about Christian Parent chat. Our icq records show that we talked daily at all hours convinced of our focus to our goals but intrigued. That Friday I visited CPchat. The spirit was with me there and I knew I would come back - this presence of the spirit in this way had not been with me for some time - I reveled in it. While I was there this RNorm guy came in and I was amazed at this man's heart for God.

I continued to icq with this RNorm and began to find us in one accord as and how we ministered. The man dared to call me a prophetess which I really for once began to wonder at. And in CP we seemed linked - still so - to the point I realized I was there in ministry as much for him as the other chatters. Often the word given to me was to exhort him rather than the room's situation. Often we post the exact same words or thoughts. And I observed such a warrior - such a devoted servant - how could my heart not be touched.

A Sunday a week later, I tried to get in CPStudy with much difficulty. I recognized forces against me and began praying and standing against this to not much avail. This guy laffed at me until he realized that others were also encountering this problem. I wanted him to somehow help me - but refused to make such a ridiculous and selfish request while he was focusing on the Study. Some 45 minutes goes by and I'm aware that the study must practically be over. I get an icq from RNorm - "take my hand and I will bring you in" and in that moment I KNEW that I would go in. I responded to take his hand. I hit return on the wbs screen and landed effortlessly in the Study. It was mystical! You just don't know - and I leave the Spirit to bring to you how that felt. Nothing has been the same since!

Figure that Regg's friend was bent on bringing the 2 of us together based on what he knew about me. Figure that, aside from the invite convo, the friend and I had never conversed and that he really knew nothing about me. God was moving! His friend later discovered the fruit of God's efforts through him. Now there is more - much more - but this is as they say the beginning!

Regg is a true personification of Boaz - I only wish I was as truly Ruth. But we give this to God just as He has given it unto us and seek his will and his good pleasure. God has been Good to us and is in it! Regg would know the verse I want right now - but we await what God reveals for us in this. I knew you would enjoy the story and rejoice in it.


Reggie & Shelley
(aka RNorm & Suge)



Thanks for your support and love. Be blessed *s in His exceeding grace and mercy.
And heartfelt thanks to Jemal and Felicia for your part in His plan! We owe ya bigtime!

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Shelley


What God has created has meter and rhyme.

Cohesive it is, indecipherable its mystery -

This is the making of you and me -

A treasure from depths beyond all we see

that stands amidst the erosion of worldly things

because it exists within His being.

Thus is the source of my joy -

This gift He gave us that heightens my life

to far beyond all I have ever known -

this You and I - this joining,

this companionship, love, this becoming your wife.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey