Sunday, September 30

Getting In My Skin ... Spa Day

Yesterday was the last appointment of my Mother's Day package at Alec Ian Day Spa/Merle Norman. It was five part - spa facial, massage, microdermabrasion, massage, and foot detox treatment. The foot detox treatment included a skin care lesson and make over. Because I had some neck/back irritation, I added a 30 minute massage.

I had never had a foot detox treatment before. The color of the water in my foot ionization treatment turned a yellowish color. There is a chart that informs you what toxins are represented by the color of your water.

This ionization was followed by my make over. Generally with make-up your guess is better than mine.I like the foundation used. I learned some techniques about 'looks' I've been trying to achieve. With half of my face done, I could not detect in a mirror which half of my face had been done. I was particularly impressed with the set spray (never had that before), and how she applied the blush (I thought it made my face appear thinner). The photo reflects the final result.

Finally, the massage - just what the doctor ordered! A day later and the pain I was experiencing before is gone. Oh and when they tell you to drink plenty of water afterward; take heed!

Over the duration of the package, I've had facial cleansing and toning, masque, steam treatment, skin analysis (good report). I've implemented the inexpensive recommendation for a scrub and I am very pleased with the results. For a very tense (they told me and they weren't lying) neck and back, I added the recommended deep tissue massages which dissipated pain that I had with me for the past year. The package includes a massage with thermotherapy, passive stretching.

This has been a mother's day gift that kept on giving. I have not spa'd much - a few trips to Glen Ivy, a few individual massages. I view them somewhat frivolous and that is okay if one likes to do those things. Now I consider it of value to every girl to understand the skin she's in, and in reality any person. I am eager to start a new package with them. In the meantime they have several one-time deals of which I want to take advantage! Other offers are also available through Amazon or Groupon - I've personally seen the Groupon one; good value.  Going to the spa has gotten under my skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey