Sunday, February 8

Short fall

There are times that defy the normal logic presiding in one's existence. Being a believer that is often simply a reaffirmation of His utterly wondrous nature. But there are times that cause anything but any kind of affirmation in this present life.

As an example over which the family laughs about now and for which I am blessed that was received so well, the time when I closed the door on my coat. We've all, I presume, closed the car door on something that should have been inside the vehicle with us - no problem. The clunk I heard I presumed was the larger than usual metal zipper on the end of the unzipped jacket. Later when the husband was looking for his smartphone and couldn't find it, I realized I had placed it in my pocket and IT was the mysterious clunk. What an idiot! I even had passionately declared "I don't have it!" before making the discovery of my heinous error. He was far too accepting of it all. We were on vacation and he had to go without until it was replaced by the provider.

Sometimes important things like his now missing SDHC card go AWOL while in my possession. And I for the life of me can't remember what I last did with it. It was in my care. I was using his labtop and had traded it with my own card for the time being. How I still have possession of my card but his has totally left the face of the earth is unfathomable. I feel like such an idiot when these things happen. I hate letting people down.

I've turned the house upside down several times, especially the room in which it happened (theoretically), and will again. I know the contents of the card are important to him. It behooves me to find what I had in my care. I should be worthy of what he entrusted me with. Sure, things happen and things are replaceable; but trust is to be treasured and honored.

I hate when I fall short. To some it may seem that I am going overboard over this ("to err is human"), but I can only imagine how God feels about what he's entrusted us with, big and small. It makes me sad. One thing He entrusted me with is my husband, my children, and the trust of others.

Thank you Lord for your divine forgiving nature of my shortfalls. Help me Lord to be better with all that you have entrusted me. Lord willing, help me find that card in good order. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey