Thursday, January 3

Mulling with Cider - Goodbye 2007; Happy 2008!

Goodbye 2007; Happy 2008!

Was going to Palm Springs - but as things go the high there will be about 66; not that much different than here and rain is imminent. So I am taking care of a few things and sitting down (looking 'round for a spider) with some cider to mull over the last few days :-)

The vacation time is waning away and I will return to work on the 8th. Have a few things to lock in school (yes, I picked one - will talk about that another time) - but have to write a 500 word paper among other things.

A wonderful animal story for children is Andre, the seal - if you like that genre I recommend it for renting. Today I watched the Miracle Dogs - and that is cute as well. I discovered that there is Miracle Dogs Too,

Watched Will Smith's I am Legend. That was intense. It talks about listening for God; here's an interesting review. While I didn't recall the whole story line, I vividly remember one Christmas going to see its predecessor, Charleton Heston's The Omega Man, with my father years ago. Richard Matheson's novel was also made as The Last Man on Earth.

Watched Louis Gossett Jr., a darling little girl, Penny Bae Bridges (she's related to Todd Bridges of Different Strokes fame), and the incomparable Gena Rowlands in a movie, The Color of Love: Jacey's Story, about mixed relations in the south. The youngest, watching it with me,was able to see what hatred does to people.

A site recommended couples watching and discussing relationship movies together and provided a list. Meanwhile, I happened across a Story of Us movie with Bruce Willis and Michelle Pfieffer about a couple entertaining ending their marriage - it was a scary concept and I could see familiar personality traits in it.

I have yet to watch Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, but I will. Dicken's Christmas Carol is the most remade Christmas movie ever. I saw one yesterday with lovely multi-talented Vanessa Williams playing a witchy diva who comes to her senses.

Our interim pastor, whose term is soon coming to an end as they begin a new pastorate in Wisconsin, and family is in Iowa attending a funeral for his wife's brother. Our thoughts and prayers are with her and the family. Church had a watch service this year - a good way to harken the new year. The veggie tale pirates break open a new movie so we are going to see a preview at Family Christian Store. On the tail end of a season of fasting and praying (try that during the holidays *L), the ladies have a brunch that Saturday as well. The annual superbowl fellowship is coming up too. There also is a couples Valentine retreat in the works down the road.

Had hoped to get out to see the Giant before the end of my vacation, but now plan to make that visit within the next 7 weeks while he's there; hoping to see my brother before vacation end too. Will be previewing a card graphic from the son-in-law - telling him we should do greeting cards together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey