Tuesday, July 10

Dueling keyboards or ;-) Surrounded by Black and Whites

The husband has kept me in keyboards throughout our relationship - the first one very early on as a birthday gift. It was a Casio portable. I graduated to a Yamaha DGX205 (76-key Touch Response keyboard with 400+ voices) - what a difference in sound.

You may recall our visit with the husband's mentor. Well he had a keyboard I simply lusted after - the sounds he played were so jazzy and sweet and beyond what was in my possession. Balancing lust within contentment is a precarious occupation such that the husband decided to help me out – transpose the numbers and you get a Yamaha DGX520 (88 key portable grand)! I’m sounding better all the time - actually sounding way better than my skills; I hope to immensely improve with time!

We were able to bless the 16-year old gifted musical composer prodigy with my former keyboard. The Casio is in the youngest’s room. Next thing you know the husband was awash with lust himself – filled with a longing to master the ebonys and ivorys, having musical talent of his own! Now he is in the proud owner of a Yamaha YPT-300. We are on our way to enhancing the beautiful music we make together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey