Wednesday, May 25

short life in a small world

There was a fatal accident in the Inland Empire last week along the side of the freeway creating severe traffic back up, as traffic one way was at a full stop and the opposite moving slowly. As I understand it, hours earlier, two were in the act of refueling a car when a semi truck veered into them, subsequently setting everything into flames and jack-knifing. The guy fell down to the lower street afire and the girl burned to death by the car.

It was amazing to hear such graphic details at 5:30 in the morning as our vanpool decided its route to work; other stations weren't quite so thorough.It left me pondering life ephemeral and praying for their loved ones. They were young, and shortly before life lay open before them. Now they are gone.

Life is not only tenuous; once again I see it is a small world. I had wondered, familiar with the vicinity of this accident, whether I might know them or someone they knew. Such coincidences often occur in the fabric of existence. On the weekend I discovered that one of the deceased was a client of the barber who does the youngest's hair.

Don't take life for granted - this moment is the only one you're promised; the next holds no guarantees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey