Friday, August 14

$30

the youngest couldn't breathe last night - woke me up at midnight, throat constricted, the coughing had taken it's toll. I did everything I knew to treat the situation. I surmised it wouldn't be necessary to go to emergency. This is the last of eight and not a new situation for me. But my prayers were constant and I stationed myself beside him once his breathing was settled; I was afraid to sleep - afraid if I did ....

come morning we scooted over to urgent care and his symptoms were treated. I placed his prescription; it was $30. $30! Usually I pay $4-$15. $30? There wasn't a generic form. I only had one to fill. I have $30. Had I been without insurance - $180. One time deal. I could come up with $180, to keep my loved one, more than one time .... My situation - minor.

I know people with chronic health situations, making medicine choices every day. I don't know people, mom's like me, trying to figure how to keep a loved one alive. I know they are there. Right here in the U. S. of A! People need health insurance - everyone! God help this country make away for everyone to have health insurance; for everyone to be able to sleep at night without that fear for someone's life.

1 comment:

  1. amen... where is the compassion with all this fighting over health care... The Lord doesnt want people to die when there is care availible...

    ReplyDelete

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey