Monday, December 1

Plum Loco RoadTrip

As I was lovingly reminded, it's been awhile since I've posted. I've actually penned one, but haven't uploaded it yet. But just back from New Mexico it's time to cover that trip. This is the first installment.

Plum Loco is a wine made in Deming, New Mexico. I actually acquired it in Alamogordo where wine is fine as well, along with pistachios. Tularosa wines were recommended too. I debated between my selection and a peach wine variety; the clerk convinced me to go with the plum. It's a sweet wine I found plum delicious. I'm intrigued enough to find some of these varieties online.

That intro leads me into our NM adventure. What a week! We traipsed into Ruidoso, also visiting White Sands Dunes, Capitan (did you know that was the origin of Smokey the Bear?), Fort Stanton, and old Lincoln NM. It turns out that New Mexico is a bevy of history and events that our travels only touched upon. I was quite impressed with that as much as its beauty and diverse people and landscape.

It proved to be an excellent opportunity to get away and relax, see some sights, enjoy family, and, well, take the new car out onto the open highway. Some might have thought our choice for a Thanksgiving week celebration was just plum loco; I think it was, as my dear son-in-law would say, Sweet!

The slides cover the aforementioned locations as well as the going to and fro and, well, our cast of characters.

1 comment:

  1. looks beautiful! Who knew New Mexico was so pretty... I thought it was all desert...

    ReplyDelete

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey