Wednesday, September 13

Claire Cleary

Wedding Crashers (Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson as John below) is a movie that is quite funny for the most part, somewhat bawdy in places - definitely not for the strictly wholesome viewer. However, Vince once again evinces his own peculiar charm and Owen is endearing.

What I liked about the movie is a character (especially watching her expressions), played by Rachel McAdams also outstanding in The Notebook, that reminded me of a friend - the movie's winsome Claire Cleary is always good-natured, ready to laugh, giving the gift of a smile away as if she had an endless stash, always looking to the good. Here, quoted from imdb.com, is clearly a Claire moment:

Claire: What is true love?
John: True love is your soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another.
Claire : It's a little cheesy but I like it.
John: I read it on a bumper sticker!
I tend to gloat upon this friend of mine because she doesn't see the rare iridescent jewel that she really is - not just some useless bauble but something/someone who brings light to every life she touches and even brings life to the inanimate through her many many talents. She is a blessing from God - if you knew who she was, I would say ask anyone who knows her. Hopefully, she'll knows who she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fitness Footnote

'the highs and lows of' my Weight Loss Journey